One of those motherly-worrying days, I was at church waiting in a long line for confession. Some people were starting to leave due to the long wait. The lady in line behind me left as well, and the line moved up, so the next person after her ended up moving over and sat next to me. I learned later that her name was KC. A little while later another woman came and sat in line next to KC and they started talking to each other. Shortly, the newly arrived friend left too. So KC and I struck up a conversation because we knew it was going to be a long wait. We shared our need to learn and understand the bible more. We talked about the need to instill the christian values in our children, etc. We decided that we should meet sometime and exchanged email addresses. At this point, I knew her name and nothing more than that. A few days later, she emailed me and we continued sharing things about our faith, life and it's crossroads. I emailed her and shared with her about our adoption process which she was so thrilled to hear. In one of the emails, I mentioned to her that our daughter has "some developmental delays". I did not mention speech delays at all. Remember even at this point, I did not know what she did, where she worked. etc. I still had sister J's speech delay weighing on me. Guess what KC responded to my email with... She was so happy to hear about our daughter, and also added "I don't think you know this, I am a speech therapist in the public school system, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask". She is a SPEECH THERAPIST! That too in OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT! I had chills reading her email. Of all the people and of all the places, how did I get talking to her?! I ran over to my laptop to check my "sent" emails to see if I had mentioned "speech" to her, and I had NOT! I was in awe of how she was placed in my path to ease my mind with her expertise.
Over the next couple of days we exchanged more emails and even met over lunch one day and she looked over Sister J's developmental milestones updates and explained some of it to me. I mentioned to her in one email about how our meeting each other was a great "coincidence". That same evening she came back from church and saw my email and responded. She said that the sermon for that day was about "coincidence". The message that day was "There are no coincidences with God". KC also said that she herself was about to leave the confessional line to go home, but her friend came and sat next to her and KC decided to stay. KC reminded me how that friend of hers herself did not stay and left early. But KC ended up staying because her friend was glad to see KC there. Oh, how I felt God's presence with us during our journey to our daughter guiding us every step of the way, calming our fears and even putting strangers in our path to ease our worries. God wanted me to enjoy this time of waiting for our daughter rather than sitting around and worrying.
During those days, I spoke with KC quite a bit and exchanged many emails. Since then, she has gotten very busy, and so have I. Our communications have slowed down quite a bit. But she still checks in on me and Sister J once in a while. I truly do believe that the timing of things had to have been all part of God's plan for us. Otherwise it would have been highly unlikely for us both to have that kind of interaction especially considering that we have never seen each other at church before and after that day. I know that KC joining us on our journey to sister J, albeit a short one, was purposeful, and part of God's plan for us. Coincidence, I most certainly think not!
Over the next couple of days we exchanged more emails and even met over lunch one day and she looked over Sister J's developmental milestones updates and explained some of it to me. I mentioned to her in one email about how our meeting each other was a great "coincidence". That same evening she came back from church and saw my email and responded. She said that the sermon for that day was about "coincidence". The message that day was "There are no coincidences with God". KC also said that she herself was about to leave the confessional line to go home, but her friend came and sat next to her and KC decided to stay. KC reminded me how that friend of hers herself did not stay and left early. But KC ended up staying because her friend was glad to see KC there. Oh, how I felt God's presence with us during our journey to our daughter guiding us every step of the way, calming our fears and even putting strangers in our path to ease our worries. God wanted me to enjoy this time of waiting for our daughter rather than sitting around and worrying.
During those days, I spoke with KC quite a bit and exchanged many emails. Since then, she has gotten very busy, and so have I. Our communications have slowed down quite a bit. But she still checks in on me and Sister J once in a while. I truly do believe that the timing of things had to have been all part of God's plan for us. Otherwise it would have been highly unlikely for us both to have that kind of interaction especially considering that we have never seen each other at church before and after that day. I know that KC joining us on our journey to sister J, albeit a short one, was purposeful, and part of God's plan for us. Coincidence, I most certainly think not!
That is so beautiful...God really does place people in our lives to help us exactly when we need it. I love this story.
ReplyDeleteHe REALLY does!! Each one of you ladies was brought into my life to help you through our process(es)! LOVE THIS POST!!!
DeleteI have wanted to write about this ever since it happened, and I knew that it was really meant to be shared with others. Like Nikki says, each of you were placed in our paths intentionally. I have been encouraged so much, my fears calmed, all because you all came into my life... I'm so glad for all of your kind words. Thanks!
DeleteI'm SO happy that you are blogging all of this! When Sweet J gets older, it will be such a blessing for her see how the Lord took care of all kinds of details before she was even home! At what a testimony of his love and faithfulness!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO remarkable -- and such evidence of our loving God, who provides what we need! I'm so glad you took the time to write it all down (for us, and for Sister J in the future).
ReplyDeleteNancy