Monday, December 3, 2012

Who, What, Where, When.

This blog and post is several years delayed. Many of my friends have encouraged me to share some of my experiences by blogging so as to help others in similar situation as me, and perhaps inspire/encourage or sow a seed/food for thought. I was not too sure because I know that I am no prolific writer in any shape or form. But lately, I have been convinced based on several recent conversations. I figured if I am going to blog, I should give a quick intro as well. Because I am not yet sure if this blog will stay private or go public, I will not use full names. So here is an introduction of the Who, What, Where, When...

I am Mummy J, a 30-something year old mother, wife, daughter (in-law), sister (in-law) and cousin of an incredible family for whom I am so thankful for. In my 20s I became a wife and a first-time mother. And now a few years later, in my 30s, I have become a second-time mother. This blog, I hope, will be my thoughts, my memories, my musings, my ponderings, and most of all, a Memory-Book for my children to read and enjoy as they get older. As my blog name suggests, it will be focused on my 2 hearts- My children- along with a bit of "This, That and the Other" and perhaps a few ramblings...

Daddy J- I married this amazing man by way of of an arranged marriage. It was not too crazy, not glamorous, not "Bollywood" in any shape or form. If you ask me, it did not feel all that "arranged" because we were family friends before we became family!  For over a decade he has been my Rock, the Pillars helping me hold up my life. I wouldn't know what I would do without him. He is one of the most genuine and honest persons I have ever met. I think he is a far better person than I am. I have learned so much from him, and I am so blessed to call him my husband. I am one lucky girl! I love you, J.

Brother J- Just a couple of years into our marriage, Daddy J and I were blessed into parenthood by the birth of our beautiful baby boy. He was such an easy baby from the start, that we said that if babies are so easy, we can easily have 10 more of these! That's how easy our introduction to parenthood was, and still remains so (for the most part), almost 9 years later. This boy has such a compassionate heart. He is very loving and oh, so considerate of everyone around him. He has taken after his daddy. He loves to play silly and laugh with his friends. He makes it so easy for us to enjoy the joys of parenthood. I am one proud mama! I love you, my Chikku baby.

Sister J- Recently our family was blessed with the latest addition of Sister J to our family. We have waited for so long and prayed so much for her, that we are over the moon to have our little princess in our arms finally. Oh, the ways that the Lord has connected our hearts! She is such a cutie-patootie and oh, so expressive. Like her brother, she too loves to be silly and laugh. She is such a honey and loves to be hugged and cuddled. She is not too fussy and is an easy going child thus far. She is such a charming little darling, making people turn back and look at her and smile at her antics. We are enjoying every minute with her. I am one blessed mama! I love you, my Chinnu kutty.
 



3 comments:

  1. It's so good to "meet" you! Thanks for stopping by our blog -- and I look forward to future posts of yours!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am SOOOO glad you started this. :) You did AWESOME. :) I can't wait to read more and more and more. And I LOVE your marriage story. You are right, your marriage is beautiful...I think about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you are CRAZY when you say you think you aren't a good writer!!! I LOVED reading this!! Plus you have soooooooooo much wisdom- I can't wait to read it! I was cracking up thinking about our conversation and your thank you speech to the academy. I love you J and am SO STINKIN' THANKFUL that we met and have become friends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Had I shared this with you in person, you would have said something to me... so go ahead and say it in the comment box :-)