Friday, December 14, 2012

Adoption Backstory- Holy Week Miracle: Referral!!!

During the Holy Week, April 2012, we received our referral for a 3 year old baby girl with some special needs. We were thrilled to have gotten the referral! We were ecstatic! But we still took it easy on the excitement, at least Daddy J did his best. He is great at keeping me grounded.  I still jumped up and down a bit and did my little happy dance. Now you see why I need him beside me. A friend of mine was also very excited for us, but reminded us to be cautiously optimistic. Things were just getting restarted with Ind*a adoptions and we still needed to evaluate and assess her medical files.  We wanted to make sure nothing could go wrong in the paperwork process and break our hearts which very much possible in the adoption process. More than anything, remember just a few months before, in the Fall of 2011, I had a special needs discussion where we explored further and educated ourselves better about special needs adoptions. I think a path was being made, our hearts and minds being readied for a referral just a few months down the road.

I remember getting THE referral call from my agency and our social worker, right before we left home for church. I was so happy, but knew that I had to contain the excitement. I prayed fervently at church, in thankfulness for the referral, for patience to get through this long process of paperwork and continued blessings on our family and our daughter. That day at church, as I sat in the pews, looking at the alter, for the first time in several months I felt a great sense of peace in my heart, regarding the referral, regarding the long paperwork and process ahead. 

What happened next is truly a testimony to God's greatness, his guiding light. How he placed people in my way, strangers, to help me understand and see that HE had meant for her to be our family, and we hers!

More later...  


1 comment:

  1. Oh...I didn't know you received the referral call right before going to church....how neat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Had I shared this with you in person, you would have said something to me... so go ahead and say it in the comment box :-)